Hints for a Successful Workshop Application
Welcome to our new application process! Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your work.
Please be aware that demand for workshop place as MBS is high, so please read the following thoroughly to give yourself the best possible chance of success.
- A picture speaks a thousand words! Your photograph need not necessarily be professional, but it should be a clear, in focus head and shoulders shot.
- Coherent, inviting workshop descriptions are crucial to your application! Please take the time to ensure these really reflect your best offering and give would-be participants and clear picture of the essence of your workshop.
- Please complete all fields on the form. If, for example, you have not authored a book, please state that alongside the question.
- Please adhere to the advised word limits.
- Think about what makes your work unique, and what you are passionate about. Why do you think you are the best person to teach on your topic at our next Show? Allow this information to colour your application!
- Please be aware that MBS workshop leaders must each have a proven track record teaching and leading groups in their chosen field. Our smallest group size is 50. We love hearing about your work and we are passionate about supporting new talent, but we are unlikely to choose you for the programme if you are very new to teaching and/or can only demonstrate experience of working with very small groups. That said, we have no rigid guidelines, and we know you don?t have to be a published author or have an international schedule in order to have something wonderful to offer!
- Give us as much detail as you can as regards your marketing strategies. Of course we will do all we can to support you - helping get your name out there is what we most love to do! At the same time, it?s essential that Presenters interact with MBS and take some measure of responsibility for their own promotion and ticket sales. We need to know you have a willingness to do this, and relevant networks at your disposal.